ESV Egwuatu Uche ScholasticaMember of the Board
Uche Egwuatu is a highly motivated and focused professional with
significant experiences in the education and practice of Estate Surveying and Valuation. She holds a PhD, MSc and Professional Diploma from Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Prior to the higher degrees, she had obtained BSc in Estate Management from the University of Nigeria Nsukka, (Enugu Campus) and a postgraduate diploma in Education from the same University.
She also holds a Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Curriculum Development from IESE Business School, Barcelona, Spain. Uche started her career as a Lecturer in Estate Management at Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna where she rose to the rank of Principal Lecturer before taking a voluntary retirement from the public service to corporate practice. Presently a Partner in the Consulting firm of Chika Egwuatu and Partners, (Estate Surveyors and Valuers), she overseas Valuation, Research and Development (R&D) units of the Firm. She is instrumental to the operational innovations in the Firm where she works closely with the senior management team to develop core services as well as securing new businesses. Her primary practice domain is valuation consultancy and Property Management, while her primary research domain borders on curriculum innovations and entrepreneurial real estate education and practice.
With an early career in academics and higher degrees in real estate management education combined with a wide range of exposure and experiences in the professional practice, Uche has a passion to keep contributing to the development of the profession by engaging with relevant agency at any given opportunity to discuss curriculum innovations required to improve real estate education and practice.
- Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield UK – PhD. (Entrepreneurial Real Estate Education and Practice) – 2013.
- School of Development and Management, Sheffield Hallam University, UK. –MSc. Property Valuation and Management, 2003.
- Facilities Management Graduate Center, Sheffield Hallam University, UK – RICS approved Professional diploma in Property Valuation and Management, 2002.
- IESE Business School, Barcelona, Spain – Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Curriculum Development, 2012.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria – Postgraduate diploma in Education – 1987.
- University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus – BSc. (Hons.) Estate Management, 1983.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
Uche is a Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV) by virtue of her elevation from Associate to Fellowship grade of the Institution in September 2005, and is duly registered by the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria to practice the Profession. She is also a member of the Institute of Construction Industry Arbitrators.
As a professional member of NIESV, she has served the Institution at various times in the following capacities:
i. Member, Education Committee.
ii. Vice Chairman, Education Committee.
iii. Member, Professional Practice Committee
iv. Chairman NIESV Code of Ethics and Practice Review Sub-committee.
v. Centre Coordinator, NIESV Professional Examinations, Kaduna Centre.
vi. Member, NIESV Learning Centre.
She presently serves the Institution as a Member of the Presidential Advisory Committee, Education Committee and represents the Institution at the Board – Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (ESVARBON) at a Fellowship grade.
Uche is married to ESV (Bar) Chika Egwuatu who is also a Fellow of the Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers.
- Pedagogy and Practice of Real Estate Management in Nigeria – Entrepreneurial Perspective.
- Use of ADR Techniques in Resolution of Property related Disputes.
- Education Measurement and Evaluation.
She has also published in national and international journals
If you’d like to book a consultation, please start by completing the form: