ESV Nweke Ogbonnaya UmezuruikeChairman of the Board
Areas of expertise
- Asset management
- Property Analyst & Management
- Valuation and Survey
- Real Estate Attorney
- Methodist Central School, Item, from January 1949 to December 1956, graduating with the First School Leaving Certificate.
- Methodist Preliminary Training College, Ihube, Okigwe, 1957; after which he was registered in the Part C of the Teachers’ Register, Eastern Nigeria.
- Elementary Teachers’ College, Methodist College, Uzuakoli, 1960 to 1961; after which he was registered in the Part A of the Teachers’ Register, Eastern Nigeria.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 1965 to 1971, the Civil War intervening between 1967 and 1970; graduating with B.Sc. Hons. in Estate Management.
- Acquired the LL.B 2nd Class Honours, of the University of London. Nigerian Law School, Lagos, 1979 to 1980. Called to the Bar July 1980.
- Class Teacher: 1958 and 1959; 1961 to 1965
- Land Officer, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, 1971 to 1977
- Private Practitioner as an Estate Surveyor and Valuer in the firm of Nweke Umezuruike and Company
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Elected Associate Member of The Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers, 1973
- Registered as an Estate Surveyor and Valuer in 1975
- Elected Assistant National Secretary Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers, 1976
- Registrar, Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (The board is a Federal parastal supervising the practice of Estate Surveying and Valuation in Nigeria); 1980 to 1994.
- Elected Second Vice President, Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers, 1996
- Elected First Vice President, Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers, 1998
- In the magic year 2000, he was elected the 15th President of The Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers, and occupied that position for almost three years (the longest by any President thus far).
- Elected Chairman, Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria (ESVARBON) on 30th January, 2018. ESVARBON is the Federal government Board supervising Estate Surveying and Valuation in Nigeria. He still occupies this position till date.
DURING HIS TENURE AS PRESIDENT OF NIESV
- NIESV was admitted as a principal member of IVSC 2001
- Development of NIESV house Plot P.C 11 Victoria Island 2002
DURING HIS TENURE AS CHAIRMAN OF ESVARBON
- ESVARBON was admitted as an institutional member of IVSC 2018
- Adoption, publication and presentation of Nigeria Valuation Standards (The Green Book) 2018
- Adoption and presentation of the improved Adhesive Stamp for use by Registered persons
COMMUNITY AND FAMILY LIFE
- Married to Mrs. Etta Achufunaku Umezuruike since 1973, and still counting
- The marriage is blessed with two wonderful ladies
- Member Chijioke Age Grade, whose surviving members celebrated their traditional retirement in 2011.
- Chairman, NCHE OKOKO ITEM, the local vigilante group in Okoko Item.
- A fully accredited Lay Preacher in the Methodist Church Nigeria.
- Founding President, Ambassadors of Christ Society, Methodist Church Nigeria, Festac Town, Lagos
He was at different times member of the Building Committees in:
- Folawiyo Bankole Memorial Methodist Church, Ikate
- City Mission Methodist Church, Surulere
- Methodist Church, Festac Town, Lagos
- Emmanuel Hart Memorial Cathedral, Okoko Item. It is his heart’s desire that the new building started to replace the old one be completed timeously in honour of that great Evangelist, Emmanuel Ogbonnaya Hart, who brought the good news to Item and its environs.
- He was a key member of the various teams that planted the following local churches:
- Methodist Church, Satellite Town, Lagos
- Wesley Methodist Church, Iba Estate, Lagos
- Methodist Church, Ajangbadi (now Ilogbo-Elegba), Lagos
- Methodist Church, Alaba International, Lagos
- Chapel of Salvation, (English), Okoko Item
- He has held various offices at various levels of the Church; some of which are as follows:
- In 1996 he became the first Senior Circuit Steward of the newly created
- Festival Town Circuit
- Conference Property Adviser 1995 to 2002
- Member, Strategic Planning Team 2004 to 2006
- Former Member, Board of Directors, MCN Tailoring Factory Ltd.
- Member, Board of Directors, MPI Properties and Investments Ltd.
- Member, Conference Property Development Committee.
- Diocesan Legal Adviser, Methodist church Nigeria, Item Diocese
- Chairman, Wesley College, Item
If you’d like to book a consultation, please start by completing the form: